WHAT IS BOTOX, HOW IT WORKS, ITS USES& BENEFITS, FAQs ABOUT BOTOX
WHAT IS BOTOX
· Botox are actually botulinum toxin A injections.
· Botox is the popular trade name for these injections.
· Other trade names for the same drug are Dysport and xeomin, botox being the most popular in the market.
· It is also known as anti wrinkle injection.
· Botox(Botulinum toxin) is a pure protein, isolated from a micro-organism, like most of the drugs we use today.
· It is used cosmetically to remove wrinkles on face
and medically to treat certain muscular conditions.
· Botox Injections are the most effective treatment for reducing the appearance of deep lines and wrinkles on face.
· It also prevents new lines forming by relaxing the facial muscles and reducing excessive facial movements.
· Thus, lines and wrinkles are smoothened out and patient is left with a youthful, glowing appearance.
· Thus the it helps to make a person look much younger than his/her age, and helps giving a fresher and youthful look.
· are the most popular treatment administered by physicians around the world, as it is administered in more than 3 million treatments per year.
· It is completely safe and it improves the skin in a way that would look natural and very pleasant to the eye.
At C&S clinic Botox is regularly performed with great results.
HOW DO THE BOTULINUM TOXIN / BOTOX INJECTIONS WORK?
· When you concentrate, squint or frown, the muscles in your face contract. After years of frequent contraction combined with other environmental and lifestyle factors, lines and wrinkles will form and eventually become permanent.
· When the muscles in our face move, a message is sent from the brain via nerves to the muscles, instructing them to contract.
· Botox works very effectively on the nerve signals, reducing their intensity, so that the facial muscles won’t contract any more, and therefore the wrinkles and lines on the skin overlying these muscles will not appear.
WHAT AREAS CAN BE TREATED WITH botox(ideal candidates for botox)
Botox or Anti-wrinkles injections are mainly used for the face.
1. Horizontal wrinkles on Forehead
2. crow's feet lines around the eyes
3. the "11 lines" between the eyebrows
4. lifting eyebrows
5. lifting the corners of the mouth.
6. Bunny lines on the nose.
The Botox injections need very little recovery time. It’s a lunch hour procedure. It will be only an hour or two when you feel small bumps where the injections were performed, but afterwards everything should be fine. Sometimes, the patients could get a bruise in the place where the injections were made, which may take up to two weeks to disappear, but apart from that bruise, everything else should be absolutely fine.
FAQs (Frequently Ask Question)
Ø WHEN WILL I SEE THE RESULTS AND HOW LONG THE RESULTS LAST
· It takes about 7 days to notice some real results, but after two weeks the results will be clear and noticeable not only to yourself, but also to the ones around you.
· Your wrinkles will disappear and your skin will feel stronger, tighter, and it will look younger & fresher.
· In order to keep the results, which can last from 4 to 5 months, you need to have Botox treatment 2 times per year.
Ø DO THE BOTOX INJECTIONS HURT?
The botulinum toxin injections hurt only a little, and sometimes, not at all, because all the needles that are used are very small, and the numbing cream is used by doctors before the injections, to make sure that the place will be completely numb before you get the injection.
Ø HOW MUCH BOTOX IS NEEDED?
The amount of Botox you need highly depends on the number of areas that have to be treated and the size of the facial muscles. The usual amount varies between 25 units to 100 units of Botox. As an example, for the wrinkles between the eyebrows you will need around 20 units of Botox, but for the forehead or other larger places, you will need up to 50 units. It all depends on your face and how many wrinkles you have & also how thick your skin is & how strong your facial muscles are; the amount of Botox will safely be settled by your doctor before the injections.
Ø HOW MUCH HAS IT BEEN USED IN THE INDUSTRY?
The Botox injections have been used for more than 35 years, and they have been approved by the FDA in 2002, for cosmetic indications in the face. Therefore, they are completely safe for people to use it.
Ø CAN IT BE USED BY EVERYONE?
· The Botox treatment cannot be used those patients who have any kind of infections or are allergic to Botox.
· It must also be used with utmost care by people who have other serious diseases, and you must consult the doctor before using it.
Ø WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BOTOX AND DERMAL FILLERS
To explain it in the simplest way - both botox (botulinum toxin) and fillers help us reduce wrinkles, but in two different ways.
· Botox is a toxin that blocks the muscles activity when injected, thus minimizing mimic wrinkles appearance (frown lines, crow's feet etc.). The muscle doesn't contract so it doesn't shrink the skin and it doesn't form wrinkles:
· Dermal fillers fill the space in different skin layers, correcting the wrinkles by evening out skin surface from inside, forming support for tissues or serving as a substitute for lost tissue with age or desired volume (for lips, cheeks, chin etc.). The most popular substance being hyaluronic acid. Typically dermal fillers would be placed either under the wrinkle to lift it locally or on the bone to recreate volume and lift the whole area.
OTHER USES OF BOTOX
1. Botox is used for excessive sweating(hyperhidrosis) as well. For the people who have sweaty armpits, hands or feet, and they are very effective on these problems too.
2. It is used to treat patients who suffer from headaches (migraine) an improvement of their headaches is noticed, as it works on relaxing the muscles.
3. Botox is also used for contouring the shape of the face – Botox injections for masseter hypertrophy results in reducing the size of masseter muscle and change your square shaped or round shaped face and make it a more pleasant oval or heart shaped face.